SIBA recognized several years ago that one of the best ways it could help its members would be to actively reach out to readers—their customers—and promote our stores to their book clubs, libraries,, writing groups, coffee klatches, stitch-n-bitch sessions, etc. And to actively reach out to publishers, authors, industry media and literary groups and organizations to let them know where our stores are and what they do. That mission was the reason behind the development of Authors Round the South (ARTS) and the Southern Traveling Authors Registration Service (STARS). And it is the primary reason SIBA maintains an active and visible presence in the social networking sphere.
So what does SIBA do for stores through social networking?
- We maintain both an industry-oriented (SIBA, Wanda Jewell) and consumer-oriented (ARTS, Lady Banks) presence in all the major social networking venues—Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, YouTube, etc.
- We tweet, retweet, follow, forward, friend and share literary news, events schedules and announcements. Everything posted to the ARTS calendar gets distributed to our fullest capacity.
- We create, develop and maintain relationships with authors, publishers, and media and forward information and news about our member stores to them.
- We create, develop and maintains relationships with readers and people who love southern literature, and make sure they know about our member stores as a resource for great book recommendations.
- We friend and follow all our members that we can find and pass along their news and announcements to our own collection of friends and followers.
And if we aren’t following you, then let us know! We currently track 50 Southern Indie Booksellers, but we know there are more of you than that! If you tweet and your store isn't listed in the box on the left, then we need to hear from you.
Also you should be following all your compatriots--you'll be amazed at all the good ideas you'll get. It's like a daily dose of creative inspiration!
|SIBA ||Authors Round the South ||Nicki Leone
(aka "Lady Banks")